We’re working to help make the process easier for you!
If you’re moving into a house that has the power on from the last person, it’s really easy… you can either give us a call or do it all online. You’ll just need some ID. If you’re already a customer we’ll confirm the ID you have already registered with us to get you connected.
Safe access to your meter
When moving in our out, you will need to make sure your meter can be accessed safely when required.
For more information about what safe access means and how you can help, read here.
- An online connection request will take approximately three business days to process.
- If you're moving in or out and need your request organised earlier than that please call us.
- The standard connection fee is $86.64 but can be higher under certain circumstances. We will let you know before processing a move in/out request if the fee is going to be higher.
Did you know you can organise your connection online without having to call us?
- If you already have an account with us and are already registered for Aurora Online: Log in and organise your connection using the connection form.
- If you don't have an account with us: You can still use our online connection form and this will take you about 5-10 minutes to complete– just be sure to have some ID like your driver’s licence handy.
If you are moving out and need to disconnect your power or gas please give us a couple of days’ notice and you can disconnect over the phone or via your Aurora Online account
If you'd like us to help you with it, that's fine too!
Give us a call on 1300 132 003 between Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm.
The fine print
- If you owe money from another account, you can’t use our online connection, you’ll need to give us a call.
- Sometimes the government, regulator or network distributor (TasNetworks) will change a fee, or add a new fee, and we may pass that on to you.
- Charges for network services may include a charge from us to arrange the services.
- If you want anything outside of a ‘standard connection’ you might be charged extra.