Smart choice, smooth option
Direct debit gives you the control to get in front of your energy bills!
With direct debit you have a couple of options:
1. Automatically pays the entire bill when it’s due - You can have the entire amount of your bill deducted out of your chosen bank account when it’s due.
2. Advance Payment of some or all of your bill - You can make regular advance payments that are credited against your energy account – this could cover your bill entirely!
Or a combination of the two: regular payments can be deducted and then any remaining amount on your bill can come out on the due date.
Direct Debit Discount!
And in good news, you might be entitled to a discount when you sign up for direct debit with your electricity account if you pay by the due date and use a debit card (not a credit card) to make the payment. The discount is applied at a daily rate of 5c + GST per day and added up over the period of the statement.
The discount does not apply for:
- direct debits by credit card
- payment plans
- a direct debit payment 'dishonoured' in the period of the statement
- a reminder notice for the last statement
- Electricity Market Offer Energy Plan
- Gas accounts
What you need to know when making your banking arrangements for Direct Debit
• Direct Debit may be used with all participating financial institutions.
• Accounts which issue statements, such as a cheque account or a statement savings account are eligible.
• The statement is your accurate record of payments made.
• Some passbook accounts and investment accounts are not included in the service.
• Please note that some financial institutions may charge a fee for managing direct debits or defaults that may occur. If in doubt, check with your financial institution.
• You will still receive your usual electricity bill and the amount owing will be debited on or soon after the due date.
• If the due date falls on a weekend the amount will be debited the next working day.
• If funds are not available in your account when a direct debit tries to take place on two occasions, we may have to cancel the arrangement. Any fees which Aurora incurs for insufficient funds will be charged to you.
Make sure you have enough in your account when your statement is due!
Advance payment – pay a little, more often.
You can choose an amount (of $15 or more) to pay as often as you like (i.e. weekly, fortnightly or monthly). These amounts will be credited to your Aurora account. You may change this amount or how often you pay it, at any time! You will still pay the balance of the bill on the due date, but your regular payments will mean you'll receive much smaller bills!
Cancel your Direct Debit
You can cancel your direct debit arrangement at any time.
If you cancel your Direct Debit payment arrangement, Aurora Energy will not rely on that arrangement to pay for any future or outstanding payment.
Simply fill in our Direct Debit Cancellation Form (PDF)
Once you have completed this form, please do one of the following:
Post it to: Aurora Energy Direct Debit – Revenue Services GPO Box 191, Hobart TAS 7001
Fax it to:(03) 6237 3444
Email it to: email@example.com
Please allow up to five (5) business days to cancel your Direct Debit arrangement from the day we receive your form.
Fill out the direct debit form online here
Print out the direct debit from (PDF) here
View the terms and conditions (PDF) here
Frequently asked questions
You can use your credit to help pay for your next account or you can request a refund of the amount using our general enquiry form.