Get in front of your power bills!
Direct debit gives you the control to get in front of your energy bills!
With direct debit, you have a couple of ways you can set it up. Just decide which one works best for you.
Setup automatic payments
Relax, don't think about it and have the amount from your bill automatically taken out of your chosen bank account when it's due!Set it up now
Make Advance Payments of some, or all, of your bill
Or mix it up.
Make regular advance payments that will be credited against your energy account and have any outstanding amounts automatically taken out on the bill due date. Or you can manually pay the outstanding amount on the due date instead too.
Be rewarded for setting up direct debit
You might even be entitled to a discount when you sign up for direct debit with your electricity account!
If you pay by the due date and use a bank account (with your BSB and account number instead of a credit or debit card) to make the payment a discount will be applied at a daily rate of 5c + GST per day and added up over the period of the statement.*Sign me up!
What you need to know when making your banking arrangements for Direct Debit
- Direct Debit may be used with all participating financial institutions.
- You can choose to pay as often as you like i.e. weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- The amount you set up to pay must be $15 or more.
- Accounts which issue statements, such as a cheque account or a statement savings account are eligible.
- The statement is your accurate record of payments made.
- Some passbook accounts and investment accounts are not included in the service.
- Please note that some financial institutions may charge a fee for managing direct debits or defaults that may occur. If in doubt, check with your financial institution.
- You will still receive your usual electricity bill and the amount owing will be debited on or soon after the due date.
- If the due date falls on a weekend the amount will be debited the next working day.
- If funds are not available in your account when a direct debit tries to take place on two occasions, we may have to cancel the arrangement. Any fees which Aurora incurs for insufficient funds will be charged to you.
*The discount does not apply for:
- Direct debits by credit card
- Payment plans
- A direct debit payment 'dishonoured' in the period of the statement
- If you have received a reminder notice for the last statement
- Electricity Market Offer Energy Plan
- Gas accounts
Cancel your Direct Debit
You can cancel your direct debit arrangement at any time.
If you cancel your Direct Debit payment arrangement, Aurora Energy will not rely on that arrangement to pay for any future or outstanding payment.
Simply fill in our Direct Debit Cancellation Form (PDF)
Once you have completed this form, please do one of the following:
Post it to Aurora Energy Direct Debit – Revenue Services GPO Box 191, Hobart TAS 7001
Fax it to:(03) 6237 3444
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please allow up to five (5) business days to cancel your Direct Debit arrangement from the day we receive your form.
Fill out the direct debit form online here
Print out the direct debit form (PDF) here
View the terms and conditions (PDF) here
Frequently asked questions
You can use your credit to help pay for your next account or you can request a refund of the amount using our general enquiry form.