Yes. We'll keep you updated about the date and time.
How we notify you of an advanced meter installation
We need to advise you of the date, time and estimated duration of the power interruption required to complete this work by our authorised service agents.
You may have received details of this notification from us by email, SMS or in the mail with at least 4 days’ notice wherever possible.
Do you need to do anything?
No. However, if you have received a notification message and need more information regarding the work to be undertaken, please call our authorised service provider, Metering Dynamics on 1300 460 935 (24 hours).
There are things you can do to ensure your safety and minimise the effect an outage could have on your equipment during a planned interruption.
- Do not carry out private electrical work during the interruption.
- You must provide our authorised service agents clear and safe access to your meter box at all times.
- Never interfere with a switchboard that has a warning tag or other lockout device on it. You may be putting yourself and your property at risk.
- We may need to enter your property in order to conduct safety testing on your switchboard if required.
- If you have solar panels it is a good idea to check that your solar system is back on, as not all solar inverters will switch back on automatically after an interruption to the power supply.
- If you have Life Support equipment please ensure you are prepared for a power outage.
TasNetworks will continue to provide information and updates on unplanned outages on their website.
Your important energy and emergency contacts
For all general enquiries (including advanced meter support, information about your account and energy saving advice) please contact us.
To report a power outage, call TasNetworks 13 2004 (24 hours) or in a life threatening emergency, call 000.