Sign in to aurora+
Are you an existing aurora+ customer? Sign in here to check your balance, see your daily usage and top up.
Do you know how to make the most of your solar investment?
On average Tasmania gets 5 sunlight hours a day, which is a little lower than the rest of the country, but that doesn't mean solar can't be a great investment for Tasmanians. While we may not be the sunniest state, there are plenty of things you can do to get the most out of your solar. Here are our top tips:
1. Use as much free power as you can while the sun is shining! Use power-hungry devices during the day. Because of the difference between what you pay to buy power and what you sell power for, you'll save more doing this than selling your power back to the grid. Every kWh you use of your own power saves you from having to buy it from the grid.
2. Keep your panels clean. Dust and dirt can build up on your panels over time and prevent them from working at their peak. Most solar providers recommend cleaning them every 6-12 months.
3. Use timers to turn on things like dishwashers and washing machines during the day so that you use your solar to power them.
4. Check you're on the right energy product. The product you're on could help you make the most of your solar. Our Peak and Off-Peak product (Tariff 93) is a good option for solar customers. Find out why here.
5. Keep an eye on what you're exporting every hour. aurora+ lets you see exactly how much solar you're exporting hourly, daily, weekly and monthly. Learn the times of day your panels are generating power and use your solar power yourself to save. Find out more here.Read more about solar
When the sun shines, you generate solar power and it will be used by your appliances that are on. Any unused solar power you have generated that isnt stored in a battery sent back into the grid.